The Department is headed by Sara Banks a Solicitor with 30 years’ experience in this field supported by Andrew Plimmer, John Edwards and Gareth Morris (at Stratford), each of whom have practised in this field for many years.
The Private Client Department specialises in Wills, Probate, Trusts and Tax Planning including the following services:
- Preparation of Wills and the regular review of Wills;
- Obtaining Grants of Probate and Letters of Administration and dealing with the administration of estates;
- Preparing Deeds of Variation, Tax Planning in relation to personal assets and consideration of Inheritance Tax and other Capital Taxes;
- Creation and administration of Trusts and tax provision of Trustee services;
- Preparing Lasting Powers of Attorney;
- Dealing with litigation and claims against estates.
We also provide Legal Services for older people including advice concerning residential care, the cost of funding if Court of Protection Application, acting as Attorney and overseeing the operation of Attorneyship.
We pride ourselves on providing a sensitive, sympathetic and friendly service to all Clients and if necessary, we will attend on Clients either at their home, residential care home or hospital.